Ubuntu 15.10 Wily Werewolf has reached the end of its life today. The desktop users will no longer receive security notices, critical fixes, or updated packages.
Ubuntu team announced a few weeks ago:
Ubuntu announced its 15.10 (Wily Werewolf) release almost 9 months ago, on October 22, 2015. As a non-LTS release, 15.10 has a 9-month month support cycle and, as such, the support period is now nearing its end and Ubuntu 15.10 will reach end of life on Thursday, July 28th. At that time, Ubuntu Security Notices will no longer include information or updated packages for Ubuntu 15.10.
How to upgrade to Ubuntu 16.04.1 from Ubuntu 15.10:
- Always backup important data, bookmarks, etc.
- Disable or remove all third-party PPA repository by launching Software & Updates utility.
- Switch to open source drivers via Additional Driver utility and finally restart.
- Open terminal and run command to update the whole system, you may need to restart to complete installing updates:
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
- Finally run the command below to launch update-manager
sudo update-manager -d
After checking for updates, it will prompt that Ubuntu 16.04 LTS is available. Click upgrade and follow on screen prompts:
Đăng ký liền tay Nhận Ngay Bài Mới
Cám ơn bạn đã đăng ký !
Lỗi đăng ký !