The second maintenance release of Kodi Media Center v17 “Krypton” was released a few days ago with a security fix and various other bug-fixes.
You may have read in the news that malicious subtitle zip files could potentionally infect and harm your media player including Kodi. When Check Point researchers uncovered this flaw they contact us up front to less us know about this flaw. Our developers fixed this secuity gap and have added the fix to this v17.2 release.
Other fixes in Kodi 17.2:
- Fix selection after channelgroup switching in PVR guide window
- Fix handling of gaps that caused eradic behaviour in EPG grid
- Allow backing out of fullscreen pictures by mapping longpress guesture
- Quick fix for wake up command not being called in PVR power management
- Use alternative method to check if platform updates have been installed on Windows
- Set the minimum version in the code which is currently OSX 10.8
- Fix possible security flaw which could abused .zip files which try to traverse to a parent directory
- Use the correct ttc font from the video file for subtitles on Windows
- Detect and delete zero-byte database files which causes crashes
All users are urged to upgrade to this release as soon as possible. And here’s how to install Kodi 17.2 in Ubuntu 14.04, Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 17.04, and derivatives.
1. Open terminal via Ctrl+Alt+T or by searching for “Terminal” from app menu. When it opens, run command:
sudo apt-get install software-properties-common
2. Then add the Kodi stable PPA via command:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc/ppa
Type your password when prompts and hit Enter.
3. If you’ve a previous Kodi release installed, launch Software Updater and upgrade the media player after checking for updates.
or run command to check updates and install the latest Kodi:
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install kodi
Finally launch Kodi Media Center from app menu. Or log out and back in with Kodi session and enjoy!
How to Restore:
For any reason, run following command to purge the PPA which will downgrade Kodi to the stock version available in your main Ubuntu repository:
sudo apt-get install ppa-purge && sudo ppa-purge ppa:team-xbmc/ppa
Đăng ký liền tay Nhận Ngay Bài Mới
Cám ơn bạn đã đăng ký !
Lỗi đăng ký !