Quick tutorial for those who want to install the latest TeX Live 2016 in Ubuntu 16.04 or Ubuntu 14.04 LTS via PPA.
What’s new in TeX Live 2016:
- GNU Privacy Guard (GPG) is used for file verification for update security.
- There are a lot of changes in LuaTeX backend.
- pdfTeX and XeTeX got new primitives (fundamental commands).
- MetaFont got experimental Lua integration.
- MetaPost got bug fixes and was prepared for a new major version coming soon.
- Some tools got updates, including the TeX Live Manager aka tlmgr.
Install TeX Live 2016 via PPA:
The latest packages has been made into the official Ubuntu repository for Ubuntu 16.10. For both Ubuntu 16.04 and 14.04 LTS, there’s a backport PPA to make it easy to install.
1. Open terminal (Ctrl+Alt+T) and run command to add the PPA:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:jonathonf/texlive
Type in your password when it prompts and hit Enter.
2. To upgrade from a previous release, launch Software Updater and you’ll see Tex Live packages available for upgrade after checking for updates.
Or run command to install or upgrade to Tex Live 2016:
sudo apt update && sudo apt install texlive-full
You may install a text editor for Tex Live, such as Kile, TeXMaker, JLatexEditor. The PPA contains an update version of TeXworks that can be installed via command:
sudo apt update && sudo apt install texworks
How to Restore:
It’s always easy to uninstall Tex Live 2016 and downgrade to the stock version in official Ubuntu repositories by running command:
sudo apt install ppa-purge && sudo ppa-purge ppa:jonathonf/texlive
Đăng ký liền tay Nhận Ngay Bài Mới
Cám ơn bạn đã đăng ký !
Lỗi đăng ký !